Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Mourning Light

"I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together."
- Marilyn Monroe -

[retrieved from www.outdoor-photos.com]

Sometimes good things fall apart...
So better things can fall together.

"Mourning Light"  

A calming glow tucked beneath the horizon
Is dawn's reminder of a new day
God's promise that ease befriends distress
That hardships will sail away

A fresh wound gradually heals
Marked by battle scars of love and life
He is the Remedy that soothes my soul
As yesterday's pain slowly subsides

An empty frame across the room
Held the image of my future plans
The visions and hopes I painted myself
When I lacked the wisdom to understand

A string of beautiful memories
Vibrant colors and varying lengths
How they could be woven together
But would never endure with strength

A final crisp page is turned
Trimming the frayed strands of the past
A chapter begins where another ends
Only Truth and faith will last

Like the sun, I too shall rise
Parting ways with the ashes
Growing and blossoming toward vast skies
Knowing my gains and grieving my losses...
Limitless with potential
That shines from my mourning light
And rests in the morning air.

No comments:

Post a Comment