"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on."
- Robert Frost -
- Robert Frost -
[*Photo: All rights reserved*]
I've decided to put my thoughts and feelings into words:
"Surviving Autumn"
Crimson leaves brush the pavement as I sleep
It's easier to dream that this hardship will sail away
As the scent of summer still lingers near
I wrap a blanket of memories around me
Tuck it under my chin, where the warmth will stay
Those endless days of eternal sunlight
Cast shadows of exhilaration, of love and life
A sidewalk captures happiness in its purest form
An imprint of God's most perfect blessing
Manifested in every smile, laugh, and fleck of light
But I can hear the leaves crunch beneath my soles
Feel the wind pick up speed to match my racing heart
A frozen landscape stops me in my tracks
The absence of color drains my own
Like snowflakes, we drift...
And drift...
And seem to fall apart
Yet one morning these sheets of ice melt away
We brave winter storms and overcast skies
This erosion of earth won't wear down our souls
As the sun yawns and stretches
I feel compelled to rise
A cleansing renewal pours down from the clouds
Hushed symphonies accompanied by a whispering breeze
Reminding me of the hardship I've looked in the eye
So I choose to dance in these puddles
To soak up His relief
Petals open, taking in their first breath
An inhalation of hope to overcome yesterday's frost
The right moment to grow with measured beauty and grace
To revitalize my faith
Just as I began to feel lost
So we keep on growing, you and I
And from our hope, life springs forth
We hold on with immense conviction
As clay is molded and shaped
These two hearts take on a new form
And oh, how dew glistens after snow has passed
How June shines brighter after January's touch
Our patience breaks through these chains
To feel alive, to embrace
And oh, how dew glistens after snow has passed
How June shines brighter after January's touch
Our patience breaks through these chains
To feel alive, to embrace
The lovely, breathtaking creation of us.

No comments:
Post a Comment