Monday, November 14, 2011

Refuge

“Allah says: ‘I am just as My slave thinks I am, and I am with him if he remembers Me. If he remembers Me in himself, I, too, remember him in Myself; and if he remembers Me in a group of people, I remember him in a group that is better than they; and if he comes one span nearer to Me, I go one cubit nearer to him; and if he comes one cubit nearer to Me, I got a distance of outstretched arms nearer to him; and if he comes to Me walking, I go to him running.”
- The Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) -  
[Hadith Qudsi] 


"Refuge"

Nur
I seek refuge in Your Light
I've been lying in the shade for far too long
Ignoring the beaming beauty of the song
Produced by those who faithfully recite Your words

Awaken
Release me from these chains
Imprisoned by worldly disappointment and regret
The triviality that seduces, then fails to protect
When all I need is something real to hold onto

Create
You molded and shaped me
Yet I continued to fight Your art
Searching for contentment beyond the soul, the heart
And wrestling with every brushstroke and hue

Reveal
Clear the hesitation that fogs the mirror
Remove the blinders that obstruct my vision
The distractions that steer and misdirect my decisions
Preventing me from seeing who I am

Inspire
You've brought me to this here and now
Given me the chance to humble my body and mind
To call to You in my imperfect rhythm and rhyme
But with my forehead pressed to the ground, I know You're here.

1 comment:

  1. This is beautifully written. Really fantastic.

    ReplyDelete