Monday, December 5, 2011

Subhan'Allah

"When I admire the wonders of a sunset or the beauty of the moon, 
my soul expands in the worship of the Creator." 
- Gandhi -


"Glory be to God." This is the meaning captured by the Arabic phrase Subhan'Allah. Over the years, I've begun to understand Gandhi's remark with increasing insight - the way in which God's Creation is a direct manifestation of His Grace and Glory. We spend so much time complaining about the small hassles and inconveniences of our daily lives, so I love those moments when you're in complete awe of the world's beauty because they practically scream "Shut up!" to a mind that is constantly on-the-go and ceaselessly manufacturing further complaints. We may walk around with our eyes wide open, but we can't really see if our hearts and souls are clasped shut. Sincere appreciation of the wonders of the world, both big and small, helps us to know God and to cultivate our faith and gratitude. Above each photograph, I wrote down a word that comes to mind.

 Love.
 
[www.kyleray.net]

 Wonder.
[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Knowledge.
 [www.bostonglobe.com]

Patience. 
[www.bostonglobe.com]


Growth.
 [www.blog.canghuixu.com]

Perseverance.
[www.bostonglobe.com]

Hope. 
[www.designzzz.com]

Laughter.
[www.livewellwomen.wordpress.com]


Resilience.
 [www.donw.hubpages.com]


Trust.
[www.fakebearheads.com]


Coexistence.
 [www.dailymail.co.uk]


Peace.
 [www.sky-wallpaper.com]


(Detroit) Magnificence.
[www.forum.dvdtalk.com]



Embrace.

No comments:

Post a Comment