Thursday, December 22, 2011

Vibrant Conviction

"Questions of science, science and progress, do not speak as loud as my heart."
- Coldplay -


What's living without hopefulness or a belief in something? I'm beginning to think that it's our very nature - the human spirit itself - that craves faith and tirelessly searches for ways to generate it. We take even the smallest grain of sand in hopes of building a castle or perhaps an entire seashore. Some might consider this a pitiful act. Why should people waste a lifetime looking for meaning and purpose, having faith in a plan with an outcome of which they can never be sure. But I don't label these as "wasted" minutes; the moments from which we derive hope are the most powerful of all. The vast majority of life circumstances are beyond our control, but we still have the ability to shape our attitudes and our perceptions. Without faith, life lacks meaning, and I'm not speaking in a solely religious context. Do you believe in science? Do you believe in love? Then you believe in something, and regardless of whether or not you attribute that something to a Higher Power, you allow it to touch you, change you, and paint your life with meaning.

"Vibrant Conviction" 

A thousand colors interwoven 
Create the fabric that I cling to
A design of my heart's patience
This patchwork fabric of me and you

Sunset magentas and snowfall silvers
Decorate a canvas by memory
Living colors that remain absolutely vivid
Like the rhythm of my heartstrings

I can't shake this conviction
That which is irreplaceable and true
Store it in a box like old children's books
And let it collect dust till it's overdue

I choose to thank God for this hope
For the limitless blue skies, so high
That rise above us on a summer's day
A prayer carried by the breeze, a sigh

I dream of peace and contentment
Hues of hazel and evergreen
With hands raised up, palms facing the clouds
I bear my soul to the Unseen

Embracing The Plan's endless possibilities
I won't succumb to dull shades of gray
I hold a belief, a hope, that colors my world
A feeling that fuels my faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment